A scar remained
Facing up to reality, you are no longer mine. Perhaps you were never mine to begin with.
Whatever started 7 years ago should have ended the day you let me go. I don't think I can be strong enough to be your best friend, to stand by you, watching you smile with someone else in your arms. Thanks, but no thanks. I was never generous to begin with cause I ain't no angel. and right now, I wish I was simply a devil. To think I could still congratualate you on the ROM. What a joke. To think I thought all along you belong with me. Joke.
Thank god for playing this little prank on me. It simply made me realise that you wasn't there to catch me when I fall. We once thought we understood each other perfectly, I've always thought so too. But only till now, do I realise, you never did. You never had been able to understand what I thought, what I wanted and what you could do. Perhaps, I don't know too. We just weren't meant for each other.
Letting go means I'll miss your hand. I'll realise it's not mine to hold, and I will never hold it again.. You shall be a scar in my heart, nothing more. Memories are meant to be kept precious. But for yours, I chose to let go. I hope you love her well.
|
A scar remained
Facing up to reality, you are no longer mine. Perhaps you were never mine to begin with.
Whatever started 7 years ago should have ended the day you let me go. I don't think I can be strong enough to be your best friend, to stand by you, watching you smile with someone else in your arms. Thanks, but no thanks. I was never generous to begin with cause I ain't no angel. and right now, I wish I was simply a devil. To think I could still congratualate you on the ROM. What a joke. To think I thought all along you belong with me. Joke.
Thank god for playing this little prank on me. It simply made me realise that you wasn't there to catch me when I fall. We once thought we understood each other perfectly, I've always thought so too. But only till now, do I realise, you never did. You never had been able to understand what I thought, what I wanted and what you could do. Perhaps, I don't know too. We just weren't meant for each other.
Letting go means I'll miss your hand. I'll realise it's not mine to hold, and I will never hold it again.. You shall be a scar in my heart, nothing more. Memories are meant to be kept precious. But for yours, I chose to let go. I hope you love her well.
|